Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Goals

28:00:75    That's my personal best for a 5K race.  I know because I dug through my bookshelf and found my old race bibs.  Next to Stephen King and Cormac McCarthy, next to an oil painting by my great-great-grandmother, next to a bronze urn holding buttons and keys and magic markers, I found them - held together by a safety pin.  They were just where they should be.  In a place of safe-keeping.

I ran that race when I was 44 years old.  Almost 9 years ago.  I found another bib with my finish listed at 29 minutes.  Most were around 30.  There was a 10K at 1:00:07.  Who WAS that woman?  I have no recall of even thinking about time - at the time. 

Today I ran 3 miles in 31:17.  To make my PR, I'd have to run each mile over a minute faster.  It's a goal. 

But.

However.

I also have a goal to run a 10K at the end of the month.  Injury free.

I'm smiling as I type this.  It feels good to have goals again.






©Michelle Scofield, March 6, 2013 All Rights Reserved



2 comments:

  1. It is good to see you writing on this blog again. I am going to do the first 5K of my life next month, at age 51. ~melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Melissa! Keep me posted. I want to know about your run. M

    ReplyDelete