Thursday, August 2, 2007

For you, and you, and you.....

More conversations than I can even recall yesterday. The day is almost a blur. One friend here, another there, calling, texting, checking in. I felt connected all day long. I was walking down the hall at the YMCA, and heard my name. I hadn't seen her in over a year. That was nice. We caught up before and after the class. I stopped by the playroom and took a peek at her two fine sons. They've grown.

Received one call when a friend's car was in the shop, she was just passing a little time. Several texts back and forth while another was considering an interview suit. Emails about a party Saturday. While waiting for my second kickboxing class of the day, cleaned out my text messages in my phone, saved the special ones. Met with a girlfriend for a drink and some latin music. Went to bed much too late.

Awakened by the radio alarm much too early. Report of the bridge failure in Minnesota. Oh. My. God. So sudden. So severe.

Our lives go on each day. We talk. We connect. Sometimes we don't hear from each other for awhile. If you're reading this, and are considering that this might apply to you, know that it probably does...know that I love you. I know I say it a lot. But I wanted to say it again. I wanted you to read this little post and remember that you are a special person on the planet...to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment