Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Realization Through Dreaming

I never had it to begin with, so how can I possibly miss it? Or maybe I should say, I wasn't supposed to have it, but I got it, then it was gone, so why do I think I have the right to miss it? I may very well have it at this moment, and just not realize it. I simply don't know. It is something I will have, when I am supposed to have it. I can wait. I have waited this long.



The Specter

Crepe. No, silk.
Lain. No, swept,
With purpose
By the specter who bends
Over my sleeping self.

Faceless first,
Then shifting
To those I've known
In dreamy days past.
Why wake me now?

But broken, too
This sleep.
When silk's smooth course
Lays grounded by
Cold sweat.

Reproach finds its path
on the morning beam.
No spare cloth is held
By the hand that
Remains empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment