Thursday, February 5, 2009

Betwixt

Turning to find comfort
she folds a pillow and
resists the pressing
urge
to lie
while
lying
next to him.

She rests in the valley
between resolution and sleep
counting horses whose thunderous
hooves drown out the
gee and haw of the driver.

Exposed in the open air of
the half-dream carriage,
she shivers and
pulls the blankets
to her chin.

He pulls her closer.
Now, too warm,
all she can do is
wait for the mourning.
Closing her eyes,
she conjures up the steeds.

6 comments:

  1. Hmm. I sense a couple of puns here. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful imagery Michelle, I found you thanks to Eric Lester. Glad you are still creating glad to see you here. anniex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks EL. I always appreciate your input. Glad you got the punnage. (is that a word?)

    annie...I have such a smile on my face to be reconnected with you. Thank you for your kind words. I consider you to be such a wonderful writer. M

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the punnage, too. If that wasn't a word before, it is now.

    (You should add the "follow this blog" gadget to your page!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. tender, touching....I really like these words, Michelle - paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. maze. I'll try to find that gadget. Thanks for the words, too. I miss you.

    Paula, glad you found me. M

    ReplyDelete