Sunday, April 26, 2009

Awash


I am swamped by topics, kneedeep in potential subject matter. I'm not sure where to start. Do I grab a mop and start swabbing my deck to soak up Beaudreaux, The Sharp-Dressed Man, The Box Lifters? Should I start bailing out the muddy water below decks? It sloshes against my ankles and distracts me with the faint scent of something that went bad weeks ago.

I have tales to tell. If only I had a scroll of parchment, an inkwell, a quill pen and enough hours on an island to sort it all all out. I have tales to tell.

I think - in the end - what lies in the hold will not require bailing. Fresh air, motion, and time should clear this. However, I like that phrase. "What lies in the hold..." On second thought, poetry may be in order. :) We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment