Monday, April 20, 2009

Directive

(A few words about the following piece: I was inspired to write about how to handle a void that is quite wide, dark, and painful to endure. The thing I've come to realize about this void is that (although quite significant) it is most likely temporary. It is endurable. I need not get lost in the hurt of today, but instead consider the possibilities of tomorrow. I have much to be thankful for. I recognize challenge. I recognize difficulty. I need not yield my life to them.)






DIRECTIVE


Not there.

Not to the place of keening or wail.
Not there.

Not to the place of moaning,
of searching the mirror
for release from self-imposed
restriction.

Buckle up.

This ride is to a different place.

No signal,
no guidepost,
no map.

Swerve past your need to
linger where fresh pain
lays atop scar
like warm tar on a summer road.

The course stretches
before you.
Eyes forward.




M. Scofield 4/20/2008

No comments:

Post a Comment