Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Top Ten List

Here are the top ten reasons why today is a good day:

10. I know I'm moving.

9. I don't know exactly to where I'm moving and that gives me a bit of a thrill. I recognize this vagabond trait in myself and I know it comes from living an unsettled childhood. I know it comes from making the best of not-so-good situations. I learned that there was a knew to be gained from every new and a know to grow from every now. I learned that I needed to pay attention to everything. Mom said I was like a little bird who perked up at the slightest change in the air in the room. My winds of change are stirring and I'm excited to see what they'll bring to me.

8. The weather is glorious. (That's typed in imaginary musical font, in case you didn't hear it in your head.)

7. I have another trip planned at the end of the month. My frequent flyer miles are racking up toward another freebie.

6. The photographs I shot in Chicago are incredibly strong. I'm proud and excited to put together something to show.

5. I'm connecting with my patients on a level I haven't felt for at least ten years. I think it's the bell-ringing. When someone completes therapy it's a HUGE accomplishment and I get to be there to see their celebrations. DING! DONG! DING!

4. Satellite Radio is the best. There's nothing like 70's music to get me in a good mood in the morning.

3. I found some old David Letterman on YouTube. Watching him in a Velcro suit - stuck to a wall - was hilarious. Last night I think I woke my neighbors. I was laughing so hard.

Tied for 1 and 2. My children. I watch the more-settled, growing-up versions of that younger me and I am amazed. And in this I sit in gratitude.


©Michelle Scofield May 4, 2011 All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment