Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day Workout

Hal Higdon's Novice 1 Marathon Training Schedule: Week 9, Day 2





Days to Chevron Houston Marathon: 68
Planned activity: 7 mile run
7 miles     1hour16 minutes    10:51 min/mile


I voted early.  Today I ran early.  I set my alarm for 4:30 and got my tired self out of bed, tested the foot, decided it didn't feel so bad and was out the door.  I didn't want to take a chance at missing out on either my vote or my run.  Both matter a lot to me.

Why would voting in Texas (where I'm a tiny blue dot in a sea of red) mean so much?  Because I can't give up.  Same for my running.

My vote is the beginning and the end (and the beginning again) of my convictions around separation of church and state, reproductive choice, gender and race equality, peace, pollution, poverty, education, and energy issues.

My vote represents my beating, bleeding, liberal heart.

Have a nice day.  And be nice to each other.  Damn it.









©Michelle Scofield, Nov 6, 2012 All Rights Reserved



2 comments:

  1. You truly are an inspiration to me. I love reading about your struggles and your perseverance and your victories. I love how you are a woman of conviction and how your word is always at face value, meaning, you say what you mean and mean what you say.

    Hope you're having a FABULOUS week! After last night, I know I am! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!!! What a great week. Thanks for stopping by, Yvonne. Always happy to see you here. :)

    ReplyDelete