Monday, November 5, 2012

Monday Reboot

Hal Higdon's Novice 1 Marathon Training Schedule: Week 9, Day 1




Days to Chevron Houston Marathon: 69
Planned activity: 3 mile run
3.03 miles 33.04 10:55 min/mile

Didn't sleep more than 2 hours straight last night.  Let's blame it on the time change.  Or the cocktail I had with dinner.  Or the Strassburg Sock.

But about that sock.  I was able to step out of bed without flinching this morning.  Love that!

During my tossing and turning last night, I did a lot of thinking.  I've been using the excuse of not running to eat a little more. All in the name of nourishing my recovering cells.  That's backwards as hell.  That's the kind of thinking that pushed me towards 200 pounds. 

The brakes are on.

The run felt good this morning.  A little sore but not too bad.  I'm keeping my appointment with my doctor Wednesday.







©Michelle Scofield, Nov 5, 2012 All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment