Thursday, November 29, 2012

Frosty Moon

Hal Higdon's Novice 1 Marathon Training Schedule: Week 12, Day 4

Planned Run: 5 miles
5.03 mile  58:05  11:33 pace
5:00 am 45 degrees
Days to Chevron Houston Marathon: 44

It seems like this full moon is lasting more days than others I've noticed.  Maybe it's because my...

...morning runs are earlier.

...patience has been tested by possible lunatics more often than usual.

Or something else.

Anyway.  This morning I broke my flashy LED light-up blinkie thingie that tells drivers not to run over me when I'm out on the dark roads.  I was all bundled up in a sweatshirt and running tights.  Good thing my sweatshirt had reflective letters spelling out "KANSAS MOM" on the front.  I didn't see more than 4 cars but I'll buy another light before my 12 mile run Saturday morning.   With this schedule, I'm waking up before 6 everyday - even when I don't have anywhere to go.  I'm sure I'll be up and running before dawn.

I'm thinking a massage is in order.  I've switched up my running stride a little (not entirely on purpose) and I'm feeling it in my shoulders and hips.  I'll add it to the To-Do list.  Under First World Problems.





©Michelle Scofield, Nov 29, 2012 All Rights Reserved





No comments:

Post a Comment