Monday, November 26, 2012

Planning For the Weeks Ahead

Hal Higdon's Novice 1 Marathon Training Schedule: Week 12, Day 1

Planned Run: 4 miles
4.02 miles 44:36 11:06 pace
5:02 pm 78 degrees
Days to Chevron Houston Marathon: 47

It was a little warm and muggy but a run was not a bad way to end an afternoon and start an evening.  The thing is - my schedule says my miles are going to add up and the days are getting shorter.  I'm trying to figure out how to get it done.  It's the 8 miler in the middle of the week that will be the real challenge.  I need to think about it.

Planning seems to be the secret.  I went grocery shopping yesterday and was happy to have the ingredients for a healthy dinner on hand when I finished my run tonight.  I'm going to make it a point to keep the refrigerator stocked because I feel much, MUCH better when I eat to run rather than run out to eat.  My budget feels better, too.

©Michelle Scofield, Nov 26, 2012 All Rights Reserved





No comments:

Post a Comment