Saturday, October 13, 2012

Blackberries and Ten Miles Done.

Hal Higdon's Novice 1 Marathon Training Schedule: Week 5, Day 6

Days to Chevron Houston Marathon: 92
Planned activity: 10 mile run
5:45am 70 degrees
10.04 miles 1 hour 55 minutes    Avg 11:27 min/mile

I bought them yesterday.  I considered having them last night but I fell asleep while reading and didn't have anything to eat after my seafood and veggie stirfry (red pepper, carrots, zucchini, shrimp, calamari, scallops).  I crave fresh fruits and veggies and mile 6 of my run had me fixated on the blackberries in my refrigerator.

This is the longest run I've completed in 2 years.

I saw many runners this morning.  I was coming back as they were going out.  There is an active fitness club in Fort Bend.  I didn't join.  Sometime I wish I did.  It's getting kind of lonely on these long runs. 

By mile 8 my left knee was aching and it hasn't done that before.  By mile 9, it quit.  I was still thinking of the blackberries.   (I ate a waffle pre-run and I had my water bottle with half sports drink/half water with me.) 

As I write this, I'm enjoying oatmeal, a scrambled egg, and yummo!  Blackberries.

Happy Saturday.


















©Michelle Scofield, October 13, 2012 All Rights Reserved







No comments:

Post a Comment