Thursday, October 18, 2012

Working My Mind (out)

Hal Higdon's Novice 1 Marathon Training Schedule: Week 6, Day 4

Days to Chevron Houston Marathon: 87
Planned activity: 3 mile run
5:20am 71 degrees
3.02 miles 32:55 minutes Avg page 10:54 min/mile

I absolutely, positively did not want to run this morning.   I turned off my alarm and stayed in bed through the radio news and the weather.  I listened to the traffic report.  I finally threw back the covers and groaned my way through getting dressed and out the door.

My right foot/heel/ankle still hurts.  It's not so bad once I get going.  (I'm still doing my stretching/strengthening/rolling/icing work.)

My body and my mind are tired.  It's hard to keep up with the caloric needs right now.  Someone at work asked me if I'd lost weight over the weekend.  Probably.  (Truth be told, I can still stand to lose a pound or ten.  I'm simply hungry all the time.) 

I'm learning a new electronic medical record-keeping task at my job.  Enough said about that.

I've made a decision regarding an unhealthy friendship.  I know in my head that it was the right thing to do.  My heart doesn't always agree with me.  My head wins.  My head is smarter and has watched my heart ache too many years.

So my body didn't want to run today.

I feel better after those 3 little miles - at least my mind does.  My right foot will tell you after it gets out of this ice bath. 





©Michelle Scofield, October 18, 2012 All Rights Reserved



No comments:

Post a Comment