Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Cooking Lesson

Hal Higdon's Novice 1 Marathon Training Schedule: Week 6, Day 3

Days to Chevron Houston Marathon: 88
Planned activity: 5 mile run
5:00am 63 degrees
5.02 miles 53:45 minutes Avg page 10:42 min/mile


I see I got the date and days until the Houston Marathon incorrect in yesterday's blog post.  Sorry.  I'm up to speed now. 

This morning's run was overall pleasant.  Loving the early morning coolness.

My lesson to myself:  Yes, I can eat cookies once in a while. Especially given the number of calories I'm burning.  Especially if they're homemade and oatmeal.  No, I can't eat several the night before a longish run. I was preoccupied with the Presidential Debate.  Old habits die hard.  Get involved with television, munch on snacks.  Aaaargh!!!

When you haven't eaten much in the way of sweets for several months, your gut tells you every step of miles 3, 4, and 5, "Don't do that!"  Lesson learned.  The cookies are in the freezer to be taken out in very small doses.




©Michelle Scofield, October 17, 2012 All Rights Reserved



No comments:

Post a Comment