Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Lessons From the Guys

Hal Higdon's Novice 1 Marathon Training Schedule: Week 5, Day 2


Days to Chevron Houston Marathon: 96
Planned activity: 3 mile run
5:15am  72 degrees
3:19 miles 32.35 Avg 10:13 min/mile

Witnessing my brother and my son, 2 things I learned:

I can stand to run a little faster.  I know this because I did and it didn't kill me and I felt better after.  Today I made it a point to increase my pace for this short run.  I broke more of a sweat but I wasn't winded.

Guys wear a jacket, get warm, take it off and carry it.  I (on the other hand) wear a jacket, get warm, and tie it around my waste.  I may not look as cool as the guys but I'm more practical - unless I come across someone who is chilly and needs a rapid warmup.
If that happens, the men are obviously waaaaayyy ahead of me on this issue.




©Michelle Scofield, October 9, 2012 All Rights Reserved



1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious. I also see people carrying water bottles, which seems silly to me, but I will drink out of a hose!

    ReplyDelete