Thursday, October 11, 2012

Halves

Hal Higdon's Novice 1 Marathon Training Schedule: Week 5, Day 4

Days to Chevron Houston Marathon: 94
Planned activity: 3 mile run
5:15am 71 degrees
3.02 miles 31:41 Avg 10:29 min/mile

I'm feeling a little weary.  I think it's a combination of letdown after an excellent family vacation and also a gearing up of work activity.  Oh, yeah.  I'm still trying to rehab this right ankle/achilles and increase my mileage.  There's that.  My left heel is also a little sore but I think that's to be expected.  I'm ice rolling it and I continue with the exercises and stretches that I learned in Physical Therapy.  I switched to a different pair of shoes yesterday - some with a little more support - to see if that might make a difference.  My runs yesterday and today felt more comfortable, overall.

Back to the weary.  I guess it's more a feeling of being overwhelmed.

I looked at my planned runs leading up to the marathon and that is a hella lot of miles.

I'm trying to keep it all in perspective.  I have a half marathon coming up in a couple of weeks.  I think I'll accomplish that goal.  Two years ago I struggled to complete one.

I'm looking at it like this:  That race (the half) will put me halfway to the Houston Marathon - both chronologically and in miles. 

This week I have a stack of consults and new patient charts that seems insurmountable.  I'm trying to look at them the same way.  Get through half.  Then do half more.  Then half.  Pretty soon, I'll be done and it will be Saturday.  And I'll be running.















©Michelle Scofield, October 11, 2012 All Rights Reserved



No comments:

Post a Comment