Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Boredom VS Mental Overdrive

Hal Higdon's Novice 1 Marathon Training Schedule: Week 6, Day 2

Days to Chevron Houston Marathon: 90
Planned activity: 3 mile run
5:15am 55 degrees
3.02 miles     32:11 minutes     Avg page 10:39 min/mile

Mile 2 was a sprint/jog mile.  I found a long stretch of sidewalk and went back and forth.  It was well-lit, flat, and free of most obstructions.  Most.  There are still thousands of tiny acorns all over Sugar Land.

I'm trying to shake things up a little.  It's getting tougher mentally, boys and girls.  Yesterday was a rest day and because I had a long run on Saturday, combined with a busy social weekend, I knew I really needed to rest.  I didn't sleep so great last night.  I think I had today's date around my mind.  I moved to Texas on October 15, 2003.  It's got my mind whirring.  Running yesterday would have helped blow off some of that steam.  But I know I need to let the body recover and rebuild. 

Rebuilding takes time.  9 years may seem like forever.  It's really only the blink of an eye.  Thinking back over the path of my time in Texas, it's funny how only a few of my perceived obstructions were really any significance.  There were even a couple of Mighty Oaks mixed in there among the acorns.  Good Morning to any of my Oaks who happen to be reading this.  Much Love. 






©Michelle Scofield, October 15, 2012 All Rights Reserved



No comments:

Post a Comment