Thursday, September 13, 2012

Charged

Hal Higdon's Novice 1 Marathon Training Schedule: Week 1, Day 4

Days to Chevron Houston Marathon: 121
Planned activity: 3 mile run
Completed 3 miles in 33:36    11:15 pace



Time and Temp: 5:20am 73 degrees

Still with mild soreness at my right heel. Icing helps.  That's what I'm doing right now. 

I had company on my run today. 

Two tiny clouds. 
Two puffballs to the East marched along the morning sky seemingly plugged in at the base by electric current that set off fingers of blue and white that laced them with brilliant, silent, and angry (LOOK AT ME!) energy.

I wondered if it was safe to run.  Could I be struck by their lightening?  It seemed to be self-contained.  They were like lava-lamps of the Gods being moved to another room.

No thunder.  No nothing.  Just a funny little display for anyone who was up at that time of day. 





©Michelle Scofield, September 13, 2012 All Rights Reserved



No comments:

Post a Comment