Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sunday Funday

Hal Higdon's Novice 1 Marathon Training Schedule: Week 1, Day 7



Days to Chevron Houston Marathon: 118

Planned activity: Crosstrain
Time and Temp: 8 am Indoors...78? 

WiiFit Balance Games 30 minutes


It's been a looooooong time since I connected my Wii console to my TV.  The screen lit up and the smartie pants system said something like, "Michelle?  Is that you?"  Yeah, yeah.  It was me.

I'm dedicated to sticking with the schedule that Mr. Higdon has devised for getting me to the finish line in January.  I could have done just about anything today, even taken a walk.  I thought about  using the company gym and a stationary bike but I avoid going by there on my running routes.  There's something about seeing work when I'm not working that harshes my mellow.  So that was out. 

I've use a balance board in Physical Therapy to strengthen the muscles around my ankle and it's billed as core work - although I'm sure planks would have been better. 

It was a good reminder that I have equipment in my place that I don't use often enough.  When my foot is feeling better I'll pull out my jump rope.  I can work some kettle bell routines in there and I have three different elastic bands that I can use for resistance work.

I didn't exactly break a sweat but that's OK.  The point (as I understand it) is to use different muscle groups and change up my routine.  I'm also very hesitant to do anything that can lead to injury at this point.  I'm walking a fine line with my right foot and I need to be as smart as I can. 

Tomorrow is a scheduled rest day.  I'm perfectly fine with that.  Speaking of rest, I slept like a baby last night.  Lovely.




©Michelle Scofield, September 16, 2012 All Rights Reserved



No comments:

Post a Comment