Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Day 2 of Marathon Training

Hal Higdon's Novice 1 Marathon Training Schedule: Week 1, Day 2

Days to Chevron Houston Marathon: 123
Planned activity: 3 mile run  
Completed  3.03 in 33:10
Time and Temp:  5:20am  66 degrees

It's a beautiful morning for a run.  The stars are bright against a deep velvet sky.  I picked out my favorite guy up there, Orion, reclined lazily away from the chipper crescent moon.  I didn't use music or any playlist of talk radio today.  I wanted to hear my footfalls.  I'm trying to figure out where I'm landing on the planet.  My right foot is still nagging at me.  I may make an appointment with my orthopedic guy and see about getting a cortisone injection to nip this thing early (while the nipping is good).  Yes, yes...I've rested it, I've iced it, I've NSAID'd it, I've rolled it.  Short of STOPPING running, it's not going away.  It feels better when I'm running.  It only hurts when I'm stationary.  Classic fascitis.  I'm one stubborn bitch.   *This is me smiling while I type.*

ANYway...I kindof sortof raced a guy this morning.  He was on one side of Lexington Street and I was on the other.  I decided I didn't like that he was about 20 yards ahead of me so I caught up to him and passed him.  Guess he didn't like that and he passed me.  And so on and so on for about a halfmile.  It was fun.  Then it was time for me to turn around and head home.  I waved, he waved.  Happy Tuesday.

Oh, Jacque.  I'm remembering where we were in April.  Trip of a lifetime and I'm so glad we spent time at the Memorial.  Never to be forgotten.











©Michelle Scofield, September 11, 2012 All Rights Reserved









No comments:

Post a Comment