Sunday, September 23, 2012

Crosstraining the Brain

Hal Higdon's Novice 1 Marathon Training Schedule: Week 2, Day 7

Days to Chevron Houston Marathon: 111
Planned activity: CrossTraining
68 degrees 6:30 am
35 minute walk

I hoped for a pretty sunrise today but there wasn't a cloud in the sky to refract the orb and cause a sparkle or a ray.  I kept my camera in my pocket until I came back around to my block.  That's when I noticed the big drops of dew on the blades of grass and I considered dropping to the ground to try to catch one as it was building up weight and about to fall but I didn't have it in me today.  Instead I sat next to a flower bed and found a snail.  He wasn't nearly as photogenic as I wished but it was a great lesson in patience.

His garden was quiet and calm and damp and smelled surprisingly sweet.



It was a wonderful place to settle in for a few minutes, or twenty. 































©Michelle Scofield, September 23, 2012 All Rights Reserved



No comments:

Post a Comment