Thursday, September 20, 2012

You Can Call Me "D"




Hal Higdon's Novice 1 Marathon Training Schedule: Week 2, Day 4
Days to Chevron Houston Marathon: 114
Planned activity: 3 mile run
61 degrees 5:25am
3.03miles 31:58 10:35 min/mile average pace


Note the glorious temperature.

I saw my second favorite doctor yesterday.   (My daughter will always be my first.)   Dr. Jones wrote me an order for Physical Therapy evaluation and a few sessions to work on my achilles/plantar heel complex.  Nothing major.  Yay! The films showed that I have some wear and tear but no fracture.  No surprise there.  He said I can keep running and let pain be my guide.  I think he was duly impressed by my quasi-begging. 

I'll be taking NSAIDs and using a heelcup in my shoes.  I showed him the shoes I'm running in and he thought they were do-able.  If I get worse, I'll get in to see him sooner than 4 weeks.  If I'm better in 4 weeks, I'm to get on with my life.  Halleloo!!!

I ran with the gel heelcups in place this morning and I was faster.  No connection.  I'm sure.  Ha!  I think it was just a combination of relief and cooler temperature. Tomorrow is a rest day.  I'm icing at this moment and I'll do the same after all my runs for the foreseeable future.  Determination - my new middle name.








©Michelle Scofield, September 20, 2012 All Rights Reserved



1 comment:

  1. Glad to know the foot issues are not more threatening sweety. Happy running! Sunil

    ReplyDelete