Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Darker



Hal Higdon's Novice 1 Marathon Training Schedule: Week 3, Day 2
Days to Chevron Houston Marathon: 110
Planned activity: 3 mile run
73 degrees 5:25am
3.03miles 35:25 11:41 min/mile average pace

Yesterday was a rest day and I needed it.  My foot continues to feel better and I slept better last night.  When it's aching, I wake during the night and stretch it out.  I'm obsessed with it, obsessed with running.  Let's face it.  I'm obsessed.

Anyway.

Today I ran through my run without being present.  The only thing I really noticed was that it seemed darker than usual.

Maybe it was because I know that I'm switching over to afternoons in the not-so-distant future?  As I step up the mileage, I won't be able to fit the distance in before work. Maybe it's because I Google'd "end of Daylight Savings time" yesterday?  It's not until November 4th this year.  That seems terribly late.  I'm not even sure what that means regarding the hours of daylight and my running schedule but it still struck me as weird.

Maybe it seemed darker because my heart is in New Orleans with my Louisiana family?  I'm pretty sure that's the reason.  For any of the you who happens to read this today, or tomorrow, or the next day, or on into forever... 

I love you.  I'm with you.  Always.







©Michelle Scofield, September 25, 2012 All Rights Reserved



No comments:

Post a Comment